Tuesday, September 20, 2005

musical memories

From Kitty Litter’s post!: Here’s the thing: go to this site Look for the search box on the left. Fill it in with the year that you graduated high school. Click open the first search result – it will have a 100 songs. Now cut and paste that and comment on the songs from your wasted youth, and react to them one by one!

Man, I’m this old??? :(

1. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio – from dangerous minds! Michelle pfieffer was in this video!

2. Waterfalls, TLC – they’re on the MTV classic cd now :(
3. Creep, TLC – I don’t think this is the Creep alternative song
4. Kiss From A Rose, Seal – one of the few good things that came out of the Batman Forever movie: a good soundtrack. I remember a classmate commenting on the medieval strumming at the beginning of the song could be a reference to the Dark Knight (hi ria!) :D
5. On Bended Knee, Boyz II Men – one of the better BIIM songs
6. Another Night, Real McCoy – eh?
7. Fantasy, Mariah Carey – forgot this one
8. Take A Bow, Madonna – eto ba yung “say goodbye” sa With Honors?
9. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days), Monica – probably R&B, was more into metal/rock back in the day
10. This Is How We Do It, Montell Jordan – yep, just know the title & the beginning lyrics
11. I Know, Dionne Farris - nada
12. Water Runs Dry, Boyz II Men - nope
13. Freak Like Me, Adina Howard – hmm, there’s a song now with those lyrics in it
14. Run-Around, Blues Traveler – I vaguely remember the band
15. I Can Love You Like That, All-4-One – eh?
16. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?, Bryan Adams – don juan de marco!
17. Always, Bon Jovi – the day when bon jovi had long hair, not yet an actor, and not yet a Democrat
18. Boombastic / In The Summertime, Shaggy – Levi’s commercial!
19. Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Nicki French – turn around (na paulit-ulit)
20. You Gotta Be, Des'ree - nope
21. You Are Not Alone, Michael Jackson – the dying embers of the Michael Jackson express
22. Hold My Hand, Hootie and The Blowfish – man, I thought they were gonna be big, but only eked out 2 hits
23. One More Chance-Stay With Me, Notorious B.I.G. – eh?
24. Here Comes The Hotstepper, Ini Kamoze – wha?

25. Candy Rain, Soul For Real - nope
26. Let Her, w Hootie and The Blowfish – see 22
27. I Believe, Blessid Union Of Souls – is this the song with the black dude falls in love with the white girl?
28. Red Light Special, TLC - nope
29. Runaway, Janet Jackson – forgot this one
30. Strong Enough, Sheryl Crow – Sheryl crow was already singing then?
31. Colors Of The Wind, Vanessa Williams – Pocahontas!
32. Someone To Love, Jon B. - nope
33. Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie and The Blowfish – oops, 3 hits pala… he3x! :D
34. If You Love Me, Brownstone – brownstone? Sounds like ….
35. In The House Of Stone And Light, Martin Page - nope
36. I Got 5 On It, Luniz - nada
37. Baby, Brandy – 15 pa lang si brandy non?
38. Run Away, Real McCoy – um?
39. As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins – the follow-up to Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover!
40. He's Mine, Mokenstef – hmm?
41. December, Collective Soul – not September by Earth Wind & Fire?
42. I'll Be There For You-You're All I Need To Get By, Method Man-Mary J. Blige - nope
43. Shy Guy, Diana King – “have mercy mercy mercy!”
44. I'm The Only One, Melissa Etheridge - enh
45. Every Little Thing I Do, Soul For Real - nope
46. Before I Let You Go, BLACKstreet - nada
47. Big Poppa / Warning, Notorious B.I.G. - zilch
48. Sukiyaki, 4 P.M. – ah, the mutated Japanese song!!!
49. I Wanna Be Down, Brandy – eng?
50. I'll Make Love To You, Boyz II Men – like you want me to…
51. Dear Mama / Old School, 2Pac - nope
52. Hold On, Jamie Walters – hold on what?
53. Keep Their Heads Ringin', Dr. Dre – pre-slim shady
54. The Rhythm Of The Night, Corona - nope
55. Roll To Me, Del Amitri - nada
56. Scream / Childhood, Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson – ooh, a Jackson duet!
57. Freek'n You, Jodeci - forgot
58. I Wish, Skee-lo - ern
59. Believe, Elton John – sir Elton was still making songs?
60. Carnival, Natalie Merchant - nope
61. You Don't Know How It Feels, Tom Petty – I thought he was in the 80s
62. Back For Good, Take That – light song63. Tootsee Roll, 69 Boyz - hmm
64. You Want This-70's Love Groove, Janet Jackson - nope
65. Tell Me, Groove Theory – still no66. Can't You See, Total - nope
67. All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow - none
68. This Lil' Game We Play, Subway – nyet
69. Come And Get Your Love, Real McCoy – band sound familiar
70. This Ain't A Love Song, Bon Jovi – then what is it? :P
71. Secret, Madonna – forgot!
72. Player's Anthem, Junior M.A.F.I.A. – wha?
73. Feel Me Flow, Naughty By Nature – sounds similiar
74. Every Day Of The Week, Jade - nope
75. The Sweetest Days, Vanessa Williams - nada
76. Short Dick Man, 20 Fingers Featuring Gillette – ooh… he3x! :P
77. Brokenhearted, Brandy - nope
78. No More "I Love You's", Annie Lennox – still a bit gothic
79. You Used To Love Me, Faith Evans - hmm
80. Constantly, Immature - nope
81. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, U2 – batman forever song!
82. 100% Pure Love, Crystal Waters – I remember this beat, the lyrics would go too fast
83. Ask Of You, Raphael Saadiq - nope
84. Sugar Hill, Az - none
85. Good, Better Than Ezra - forgot
86. Brown Sugar, D'angelo - nope
87. Turn The Beat Around, Gloria Estefan – a remake?
88. 'Til You Do Me Right, After 7 - hmm
89. 1st Of Tha Month, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - none
90. Like The Way I Do If I Wanted To, Melissa Etheridge – eh?
91. I Live My Life For You, Firehouse – isn’t this from miss Saigon?
92. Dream About You-Funky Melody, Stevie B - nope
93. Cotton Eye Joe, Rednex – somewhat familiar
94. Thank You, Boyz II Men – your welcome!
95. I'll Stand By You, Pretenders - hmm96. I Miss You, N II U – eh?
97. Give It 2 You, Da Brat - nah
98. Best Friend, Brandy - nope
99. Misery, Soul Asylum – I remember runaway train
100. Can't Stop Lovin' You, Van Halen – he still made songs then?

Where’s my metallica? My guns & roses??? i was such a dork then (even more so than now, if that's friggin' possible) that i couldnt even associate a good memory from these songs... hay... :(

10 comments:

categorically imperative said...

bakit nga ba sukiyaki yung title nun?

categorically imperative said...

'till you do me right, after 7...ha??? bastos! ilang ulit pa ba till i do someone right?!?!?!?!

number cruncher said...

sukiyaki definition here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiyaki_%28song%29

essentially it was named because it was the most recognizeable japanese word for the americans. no connection to the actual sukiyaki :P

Swipe said...

All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow

...is have some fun. I've got a feeling I'm not the only one... until the sun comes up over santa monica boulevard.

Kitty Litter said...

"Man I'm this old..." AAARGH! Don't say that! Lalo na ako ano? ;p uy inggit ako ang gaganda ng mga tugtog. 1995 ito ano? :)

Bambi said...

they were playing those when i was still in grade school... and i still did not reach puberty.

FYI:
creep, tlc - so you gotta creep, yeah yeah!

another night, real mccoy - another night another day it's only you... they fall with the macarena category.

fantasy - sweet, sweet fantasy baby when i close my eyes you come and you take me. it's so deep in my daydreams but it's just a sweet, sweet fantasy baby.

water runs dry - and it was the biggest mistake of our lives, don't do it baybeh...

oh, and brandy has been married and is now divorced. may anak na sha.

Swipe said...

wow! your girlfriend what in grade school when you graduated from high school.

cradle snatcher. :-D

number cruncher said...

kitty litter: yep, 1995, 10 yrs ago! argh!!!

java junkie: talaga? may anak na si brandy? :O

swipe: kala mo nene yang si java junkie? kung sabagay... nuninuninu... (pls sana di umabot batok nya dito...) :-s

Bambi said...

*BATOOOK!!!*

Punzi said...

So you think you're old, eh?

A glimpse of mine...

1. Walk Like an Egyptian- The Bangles
2. Only in the Dreams- Debbie Gibson
3. I think we're alone now- Tiffany
4. La Bamba- Los Lobos
5. Lean on Me- Club Noveau
6. With or Without You- U2
7. You Got it All- The Jets
8. Rhythm is Gonna Get You- Miami Sound Machine
9. Songbird- Kenny G
10. Luka- Suzanne Vega

Thanks for visiting my blog.