Wednesday, February 23, 2005

first firing

this was my comment from vivaglam's blog on having a province; i might as well start my own blog:

i guess that's the inevitability of becoming more urbane, more cosmopolitan: recognizing one's own roots start here in the metro.

my dad would always bring us to batangas every other weekend ever since i was born. this is where he grew up, where he fetched grass for the carabaos, where he had his hijinks w/ his playmates. no matter how many times he brought us back, this provincial place would always be "dad's place," not "home." because home is where there's airconditioning, where there's a tv, where there's ready access to quad/glorietta.

quite a number of articles have been written about going back to the province and wishing for a simpler life, yet i can't relate. it's because i've seen some of the lives they live, and it's not for me. going to batangas is going to exile. even with cellphones, even if phone lines are put up, even if a mall would be nearby, as long as it doesn't look urban, it's not right for me.

we have our own house built in dad's place less than 5 years ago, after living in government quarters for so long. yet, i still can't bring myself to call that new house my home, probably because we still live in the quarters in the metro. when i grow older, i don't know if i can bring myself to live there for good. i don't have to, but to leave that beautiful house alone would be such a terrible waste.

home for me would always be the hustle & bustle of city life. i relish every moment that the city fills my senses with activity, and i bemoan my boredom everytime i go to the tranquility that is my dad's place.

i really should get my own blog... no, wait, i should get back to work!!! 8-}

no, wait, i did! he3x! here's my first post! :D

No comments: