Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cashless Congressmen???

I was enjoying my breakfast of leftover sandwiches, when this headline scrolled at ABS-CBN crawler: Congress is raising P1 million in donations for the family of the slain congressman.

WHAT???????????????

So they’re so friggin’ greedy that they even want to raise P1 million from other people for their own kind? I mean, I do send out my condolences to the family, but come on! Congress can reallocate millions of pesos at a whim for their own ends easily! And yet they manage to piss off people by releasing this insane press release.

These are my representatives?

And the rightists wonder why more leftists are being elected to congress; the rightists don’t realize that they have a wide disconnect with the voters, unlike the leftists. Not that I like the leftists, they’re stuck with an old paradigm, but they relate to the pro-poor program very well.

Ugh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't lost any love for congress. Their efforts to change the consti, all by themselves, is a sign of their great arrogance and SELFISHNESS. Somehow, it also reminds me so much of GREEDINESS, among other things.

Shall we move out of this country, before it goes back to the dogs?

categorically imperative said...

Nabuhay ka!

Erwin Rafael said...

the country will go to the dogs because you are all moving out.

Anonymous said...

Most of my 35 years, going 36, were spent in this country. I paid my taxes and gave much more than what was required of me. And yet, nothing has changed. In contrast, improvements continue to happen all around us. I am still here, but, til when shall I wait?

number cruncher said...

cat:

yep! i finally got ticked off enough to get me to start blogging again!

paeng & luigi:

although i can't hold against anyone his/her desire to leave this country in order to receive a decent return for his/her efforts (not even high, just decent), i still feel despair that our best hope flee out of our shores and thus rob us of our precious human resource and drive us further down the rut.

Anonymous said...

I think the essence of having a resource is knowing how to use it well. We can have precious diamonds in a cup but a stupid person can use them to scrub his pots, pans or his feet....because that's all he knows.

Another person knows what they're worth, turns them into fine jewellery and sells them to guys proposing.

Both can use the resource. However, one is limited by his mental capacity or skill. If you were a diamond, which person will you go with?

number cruncher said...

wouldn't it be better if the person who knew the worth of the diamond stay behind and at least by example show those less-knowledgeable the true value of diamonds?

and can't there be a sharing of knowledge, since the scrubber may know more ways to scrub than the diamond-appraiser?

[i know this is stretching the metaphor a bit too much, but this is how strongly i feel about it]