Thursday, June 02, 2005

metallic monocoles

In my never-ending pursuit for vanity, I have decided to look for glasses that will serve as an alternative to my contact lenses. For some reason, my contacts seem to “crash” as the day progresses, especially if I don’t get enough sleep. Weirdly enough, it only affects one eye.

I have always used my old glasses as a backup, until it occurred to me that using 5-yr old gold rimmed corroded glasses wasn’t exactly decent, much more presentable. So I hunted a pair at my traditional optical shop, where my sister picked out this dark gray rimless pair. My dad, cousin & cousin-in-law (married to a different cousin) all have rimless glasses, and it made them look younger. Of course, with my desire to hide my age, I also went for the rimless.

When I came back to check out my grado, I was told how much it was… hmm, with the slim lens & the frame, it cost as much as a low end cellphone. But hey, I’d be using this for 5 more years right?
When I picked it up, I showed it at the office. An officemate w/ an EENT dad said that my frame was worth 1/6 of the shelf price!!! Argh!!! Then again, she saw that it was titanium, so it was ok.

Ah, the price of vanity indeed…

I’ll post the pix once I figure out how to work the photo upload thingie…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! That's the same thing I said when I bought my Clavin Klein ones. (I'm gonna use this forever, right?) Well, thankfully, it's still decent. 3 years, an eternity more to go. =)

Pix please. Pix please. Pix please.

Bambi said...

dork! dork! dork! dork! dork! dork! glassywassywassy!! bwihihihi!

alabmoo!

P.S. cute pa rin akin. ;)

susan said...

why do you want to switch from contacts to glasses,people do vice versa,iam not insisting you to use contacts though