Friday, June 16, 2006

helpless? housekeep!

everything seems so blah these days... so i've been "housekeeping" to keep myself busy... i edited some of my links and i'm in the process of backing up my files so i can finally reformat my PC.

speaking of which, i've been trying to test this spare Intel P4 1.7Ghz processor at the office; i connected it to one of the spare PCs here that also uses almost the same processor (almost; although both processors have the same specs, test processor is made in malaysia, while control processor is made in costa rica). the test processor doesn't work and i don't have any more motherboards or units to test on. i asked our all-around messenger to have it tested on our suking hardware shop, but he reported that the technicians didn't want to pull out their tester (i.e. spare CPU) out of the top shelf. (they keep the spare CPUs on the top shelf because the said processor model is already 3 years old, i.e. ancient technology.)

it's almost two years since i acquired my nokia 6230 and i'm itching to get a new phone, not necessarily a 3G model. i have my eyes on the nokia N91, not because of the mp3 capability, but because of the 4GB hard drive available.

(i still remember when we bought my old PC, the first one in our set to have windows. it had a 2GB hard drive and my uncle who accompanied us said, "two gigs? mamamatay ka na bago mo yan mapuno!!!" much like the wrongly attributed
quote of one William Henry Gates III.)

2 comments: